Sending via command line and $record
Dave Woodfall
2018-12-01 23:31:38 UTC
Hi

I have been using a script for a while now that uses mutt to send
emails out. I've just noticed today that it no longer saves in
=Sent, and I suspect it's since I started using a dynamic record
setting - i.e. ^ for most mail, but =Sent for mailing lists.

I can't see any option for fcc'ing mail from the CLI. I tried adding
-f =Sent thinking it might save in there if record was set to ^, but
it didn't work. Is there a way to make sure that all mail sent via
CLI saves a copy in =Sent? The only way I can see at the moment
is by using a separate startup file.

Thanks,

Dave

--

If you want to know what god thinks of money, just look at the people
he gave it to.
-- Dorthy Parker
Kevin J. McCarthy
2018-12-02 00:19:22 UTC
Is there a way to make sure that all mail sent via CLI saves a copy in
=Sent? The only way I can see at the moment is by using a separate
startup file.
Does adding -e 'set record="=Sent"' to the command line help?
--
Kevin J. McCarthy
GPG Fingerprint: 8975 A9B3 3AA3 7910 385C 5308 ADEF 7684 8031 6BDA
Dave Woodfall
2018-12-02 00:41:55 UTC
On Saturday 1 December 2018 16:19,
Post by Kevin J. McCarthy
Is there a way to make sure that all mail sent via CLI saves a copy in
=Sent? The only way I can see at the moment is by using a separate
startup file.
Does adding -e 'set record="=Sent"' to the command line help?
--
Kevin J. McCarthy
GPG Fingerprint: 8975 A9B3 3AA3 7910 385C 5308 ADEF 7684 8031 6BDA
It does indeed do the trick. Thanks very much.

Dave

--

Kansas state law requires pedestrians crossing the highways at night to
wear tail lights.