mktemp: failed to create file via template
Csanyi Pal
2013-02-05 17:57:15 UTC

after the upgrade of my operating system Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy) I
can't send anymore mails in Mutt.

Whenever I type 'y' to send a newly created or postponed message, I get
an error message:

mktemp: failed to create file via template '/home/user/tmp/mutt.XXXXXX':
No such file or directory

What is the problem and how can I solve it?
Regards from Pal
Michael Elkins
2013-02-05 18:11:03 UTC
Post by Csanyi Pal
after the upgrade of my operating system Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy) I
can't send anymore mails in Mutt.
Whenever I type 'y' to send a newly created or postponed message, I get
No such file or directory
What is the problem and how can I solve it?
The Debian mutt package changes the default value of $tmpdir. I
would file a bug on the Debian bugtracker to report the problem.

In the meantime, you can change the value of $tmpdir in your
.muttrc or perhaps "mkdir ~/tmp" if you want to keep the new
tmpdir location.
Csanyi Pal
2013-02-05 18:47:19 UTC
Post by Csanyi Pal
after the upgrade of my operating system Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy) I
can't send anymore mails in Mutt.
Whenever I type 'y' to send a newly created or postponed message, I get
No such file or directory
What is the problem and how can I solve it?
The Debian mutt package changes the default value of $tmpdir. I would
file a bug on the Debian bugtracker to report the problem.
In the meantime, you can change the value of $tmpdir in your .muttrc
or perhaps "mkdir ~/tmp" if you want to keep the new tmpdir location.
"mkdir ~/tmp" solve this problem.
Regards from Pal
Luis Mochan
2013-02-05 18:26:44 UTC
I use mutt under Debian/wheezy. I don't have the directory
/home/user/tmp and yet I don't have this problem. Where is the template for
the temporal files defined?
Best regards,
Luis
Post by Csanyi Pal
Hi,
after the upgrade of my operating system Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy) I
can't send anymore mails in Mutt.
Whenever I type 'y' to send a newly created or postponed message, I get
No such file or directory
What is the problem and how can I solve it?
--
Regards from Pal
W. Luis Mochán, | tel:(52)(777)329-1734 /<(*)
Instituto de Ciencias Físicas, UNAM | fax:(52)(777)317-5388 `>/ /\
Apdo. Postal 48-3, 62251 | (*)/\/ \
Cuernavaca, Morelos, México | ***@fis.unam.mx /\_/\__/
GPG id: DD344B85 fngrprnt: 2ADC B65A 5499 C2D3 4A3B 93F3 AE20 0F5E DD34 4B85